1. Dairy units including milk chilling units equipped to handle or process
2. Vegetable oil processing units and units producing vegetable oil by the process of solvent extraction and refineries including oil expeller unit
3. Slaughtering units
4. Meat Processing units
5. All food processing units including relabellers & repackers
6. 100 % Export Oriented Units
7. Importers importing food items including food ingredients and additives for commercial use
Other Mandatory Categories
8. Food Storage Providers
15. Club / canteen
18. Transporter (having a number of specialized vehicles like insulated refrigerated van/ wagon, milk tankers etc.)
20. Hawker (Itinerant / mobile food vendor)
21. Petty Retailer of snacks / tea shops
22. Food business operators manufacturing any article of food containing ingredients or substances or using technologies or processes or combination thereof whose safety has not been established through these regulations or which do not have a history of safe use or food containing ingredients which are being introduced for the firsttime into the country. (They need to apply for product approval at FSSAI (HQ) separatelybefore applying for license)
Documents Required for Food License
1. List of Directors with full address and contact details (mandatory for companies only)
2. Photo I.D and address proof issued by Government authority of Proprietor/Partner/Director(s)/Authorised Signatory.
3. Partnership Deed / Moa Aoa Coi - with Business as Food Activity.
4. Proof of possession of premises. (Sale deed/ Rent agreement/ Electricity bill, etc.)
5. NOC & Copy of License from manufacturer (mandatory for relabellers and repackers only)
6. Food Safety Management System plan or certificate (if any)
7. Source of milk or procurement plan for milk including location of milk collection centres etc. in case of Milk and Milk Products processing units.(wherever applicable)
8. Source of raw material for meat and meat processing plants. (wherever applicable)
9. Pesticide residues report of water in case of units manufacturing packaged drinking water, packaged Mineral water and/or carbonated water from a recognised/ public health laboratory
10. Recall plan wherever applicable, with details on whom the product is distributed. (optional)
11. NOCs from Municipality or local body. (optional)
12. Certificate provided by Ministry of Tourism (HRACC) (Applicable for Hotels only)
13. For Transporters-Supporting documentary proof for Turnover or self declaration of number of vehicles
14. Form IX: Nomination of Persons by a Company alongwith the Board Resolution.
15. Declaration form
Mandatory Requirements for Manufacturing and Processing Units
1. Blueprint/layout plan of the processing unit showing the dimensions in metres/square metres and operation-wise area allocation (mandatory for manufacturing and processing units only)
2. Name and List of Equipments and Machinery along with the number, installed capacity and horse power used (mandatory for manufacturing and processing units only)
3. Authority letter with name and address of responsible person nominated by the manufacturer along with alternative responsible person indicating the powers vested with them viz assisting the officers in inspections, collection of samples, packing & dispatch. (for manufacturers / processors)
4. Analysis report (Chemical & Bacteriological) of water to be used as ingredient in food from a recognized/ public health laboratory to confirm the potable (mandatory only for manufacturing and processing units only)
5. Production unit photograph
Each location will be issued separate license (except transporter where one license will be issued for all vehicle of a single transporter/ business). In case FBO is operating in more than one state, he has to obtain one additional Central License for Head office/ registered office and separate license for each location as per Capacity/Turnover (State/ Central License)
Need for Food License.
Every Food processor / Provider in above Categories have to Mandatory Apply for Food License.